Universal Audio Releases v1.2 for OX Amp Top Box
13 November, 2019
— Universal Audio is proud to release OX Amp Top Box firmware v1.2 featuring a heavy-hitting collection of 4x12 cabs with vintage & modern 30-watt British speakers for hard rock and metal, new combo cabs loaded with iconic high-headroom, extended range speakers for huge clean tones, 27 new RIG presets, and footswitch controls for fast and easy toggling of OX's studio-grade effects. —
OX is a premium reactive load box and guitar recording system, giving guitarists perfectly studio-miked amp sounds from their existing tube amp. OX lets users play and record tube amps in their ideal sweet spots — from the edge-of-breakup to fully cranked — with perfect dynamics at any volume level, and with stunning mic, room, and speaker cabinet emulations at the turn of its RIG knob.
New OX v.1.2 cabinet/speaker models include: a late '60s Fender Twin Reverb with vintage JBL D-120Fs, a 4x12 birch Marshall cabinet with Celestion 30-watt "Greenbacks," a 4x12 Marshall 1960 TV cab with Celestion Vintage 30s, and a 4x12 Mesa/Boogie extra deep cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30s.
A TEC Award winner at the 2019 NAMM show, OX Amp Top Box was also the recipient of Sound On Sound’s Readers’ Choice Award for Best New Guitar Technology Product.
Using OX Amp Top Box, guitarists can quickly audition a range of expert cabinet/mic/room combinations — and may find that they never need to mic their tube amp again.
OX Amp Top Box — Key Features
- Premium, no-compromise analog reactive load box and guitar recording system for tube guitar amps
- Instant album-quality mic and speaker cabinet tones via front-panel “RIG” control
- Get record-ready sounds quickly with expertly-placed virtual mics — no miking needed
- Five finely-tuned amp attenuation levels — from off to whisper quiet to full band volume
- UA Dynamic Speaker Modeling emulates speaker breakup and cone cry
- Choose from 22 speaker cabs, six cabinet mics, and six room mics
- Studio mixer with 2 independent close mics, and stereo room & mic modeling
- Hands-free toggling of OX's studio-grade EQ, compression, delay, and reverb with up to three external footswitches
- Selectable 4, 8, and 16-ohm operation
- Front-panel Headphone out for silent practice with cranked tones
- Balanced TRS line outs and S/PDIF digital outs for stereo recording
- Pair with OX app (Windows 10, iPad, or Mac) over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets